The mission of the Southeastern Regional School District is to transform students into life-long learners.
The mission and goals of the Southeastern Regional School District are organized around four core philosophies: Mastery of Foundation Skills, Development of Interpersonal Skills, Proactive Student Engagement and Commitment to Stretch Learning Initiatives.
Mastery of Foundation Skills—Southeastern Students will…
- Meet or exceed state, federal, and industry proficiency standards by graduation.
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to enter the workforce or post-secondary education.
- Master communication, workplace readiness, and critical thinking skills.
- Be productive and engaged citizens.
Development of Interpersonal Skills—Southeastern Teachers, Staff and Students will…
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of diversity among individuals that supports a culture of mutual respect.
- Contribute to a safe and supportive educational environment that has zero tolerance for bullying, drugs, and destructive behavior.
Proactive Student Engagement—Southeastern Teachers, Staff and Administration will…
- Provide students with meaningful and relevant interdisciplinary courses of study.
- Utilize project-based lessons to promote critical thinking skills.
- Empower students to take responsibility for their education, professionalism, and citizenship.
Commitment to Stretch Learning Initiatives–Southeastern Teachers and Administration will…
- Challenge students to complete honors and advanced placement coursework.
- Encourage participation in extra-curricular activities, such as athletics, and trade and student organizations.
- Utilize 21st Century technologies, including green technologies, engineering technologies, renewable energy, and virtual classrooms.