Our mission is to create confident, civic-minded students, encourage continuous growth, and promote a culturally inclusive environment that values all interests and needs in order to develop valuable members of society who strive for their personal fulfillment and economic independence that impact our local and global community.
BELIEFS ABOUT LEARNING
- We believe that all students must feel safe, both physically and emotionally, in all areas of learning to ensure a safe, productive and respectful learning environment.
- We believe that all students have a voice in their learning and have the right to challenge themselves and take risks through rigorous and authentic learning.
- We believe that all students are provided with independent and collaborative 21st Century learning opportunities fostering student interests, aptitudes, and abilities.
- We believe that effective communication practices and leadership skills of staff and students are conducive to better teaching and learning processes.
- We believe that all staff and students will learn and succeed at a high level in and out of the classroom.
Academic & Career
- Students will be able to:
- Work independently and collaboratively to demonstrate mastery in core academic subjects and technical areas through a variety of assessments.
- Conduct themselves safely and responsibly in their technical areas.
- Communicate with clarity, focus, and consideration of audience and purpose.
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate relevant data and information to solve problems effectively.
- Read for comprehension and apply critical thinking skills to analyze grade level texts and reading selections.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and perseverance.
- Create an individual educational and career plan focusing on the academic and technical skills necessary to be successful in their high school career and beyond.
- Relate to each other with empathy, compassion, and respect.
- Collaborate effectively with peers and school staff.
- Develop self-control, time management and personal responsibility/accountability.
- Exhibit appropriate standards of professional conduct.
- Become active, participating, and contributing members of society.
- Model the conduct expected of engaged and responsible citizens.
- Demonstrate an understanding of civic duties within their local communities, while exploring global challenges.
- Challenge the accuracy, logic, relevance, or clarity of statements.