Full Time Custodians
Job Title: Custodian
Number of Positions: 2
- Full-Time, Year-Round
- Evening Shift (2:30 to 10:30 PM)
Anticipated Start Date: April 1, 2017
- $16.65 – 24.88 per hour (day shift)
- $16.80 – 25.28 per hour (evening shift)
- 1. Keeps buildings and premises neat and clean at all times.2. Shovels, plows, and sands walkways, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate.3. Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are closed or open as appropriate and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
4. Sweeps classrooms daily and dusts furniture as needed.
5. Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
6. Scrubs, hoses down, and disinfects toilet floors daily, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily as needed.
7. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary.
8. Keeps the building and grounds free from rubbish.
9. Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
10. Makes minor building repairs.
11. Reports major repairs promptly to Supervisor.
12. Reports to Supervisor all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled servicing.
13. Assumes responsibility before leaving, that all doors and windows are secure, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
14. Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
15. Moves furniture or equipment within the buildings as required for various activities and as directed by Supervisor.
16. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
17. All other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Work Classification: Medium Work, i.e., exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Use of feet, legs, arms, hands, and fingers to perform a variety of gross and fine motor skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, and bend for significant periods of the day.
- Visual acuity, with or without corrective lenses, to perform the essential functions of the position, including the operation of tools and job-specific equipment.
Environmental Conditions: Subject to variations in environmental conditions, including occasional exposure to weather conditions and extremes in temperatures.
Applications may be submitted on School Spring.